Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

Swiss Army Knife - Stories From Lovers of Swiss Army Knives Part 2

Swiss Knives Express offers a free knife if you send in a Swiss Army knife story that gets published or used on their website. Here are some of the interesting stories and uses that people have for Swiss Army knives. See Part 1 for previous stories.

Story 4 – M. Bourgeois from Idaho Falls, ID

One Christmas I gave each of my two girls a "Miss A" knife. You've probably seen these things – pink and purple, with lots of girl "tools". I was hoping the girlies, ages 13 and 11, would think the knives were fun and maybe somewhat useful. As any dad could have told you, I was destined to be wrong. My girls are never ungrateful, but the "Miss A" knives were greeted in a most unenthusiastic way. It turns out the girls thought they were ready for a "real" Swiss Army knife. These little cutsie knives just did not cut it. Indeed, they felt a little insulted! So, we discussed what they liked and wanted in a knife and decided on a couple of Victorinox Hunstman Pluses. They've been happy ever since – cleaning fish, sawing branches for walking sticks, and using their real knives for whatever else comes up. I was happy the Swiss Army knives got me out of that jam!

Story 5 – P. Haynes, Ozark, MO

I've been carrying a Victorinox Tinker for almost 15 years. I can't say it has saved my life (yet) but it has definitely made things a lot easier. Like the time a friend and I were driving a rust bucket 1980 Chevy truck through rural Kansas. It was 3:00 AM and we were probably 20 miles from ANYTHING and the truck quits running. My friend was a mechanic but the only tool in the truck was a rusty pair of pliers. Thankfully I had my Tinker in my pocket. He messed around with the carburetor and we were back on the road in about 10 minutes.

Story 6 – P. Laurence from Toledo, OH

I got my first Swiss Army knife a month ago because I heard they were invaluable for use in everyday life. I chose a Victorinox Huntsman. My friends were right. They are useful tools. I use the scissors to open boxes and the screwdriver to drive screws. I'll definitely order some more Swiss Army knives, maybe even some for the family.

Story 7 – J. Schmidt from Blair, NE

I have carried a Classic Swiss Army knife for about 25 years. The first one I had was the original red. After about 15 years the inset metal emblem fell out, but I still carried it because it was still good for a lot of things from opening cardboard boxes to fixing my watch. I currently have about 20 various models and I have never been disappointed in the quality or versatility.

Story 8 – F. Porzelt from Glen Ellyn, IL

I have carried Swiss Army knives daily for over 20 years. I have a small one on my keychain and carry a larger one in my pocket. I have used them at work for everything from opening packages to repairing printers to cutting up pizza for lunch. They are used regularly at home for applications ranging from tightening kitchen cabinet hinges to opening cans and bottles. The most fun, however, is outdoors use such as whittling, making kindling for fires and trimming small branches with the saw. The knives are so solidly built that they work as well now as when I first got them. There are so many uses I can't see how I could ever get along without a Swiss Army knife!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?